Catholic New Media ConferencePosted: 04/23/2012 | |
Registration is now open for the 2012 Catholic New Media Conference – a festive and educational event for anyone involved in Catholic media.
All interested in Catholic communication, new media, and social media are invited, including young adults (18+), ministry leaders, and priests and religious, to whom Pope Benedict appealed in his 2010 World Communications Day message, to “become an ever more pastoral presence on the web.”
If you are involved in Catholic media as a blogger, podcaster, writer, website developer, videographer, or work at the parish level maintaining your parish’s social media channels, this is THE event of the year for learning and networking with others.
The 5th annual Catholic New Media Conference will be held at the Arlington Convention Center (Arlington, TX) on August 29-31, 2012. For the first time, the CNMC will be meeting in the same location as the Catholic Marketing Network trade show and the meeting of the Catholic Writers Guild.
The Catholic New Media Conference is once again blessed by a talented and enthusiastic program of Keynote Speakers. We know that you will enjoy the expertise they bring to the world of Catholic New Media.
- Jennifer Fulwiler is a writer and speaker from Austin, Texas. She’s a blogger for the National Catholic Register, a regular guest on various national radio networks, and her story has been featured on EWTN television. She has a degree in Advertising with a focus on New Media from the University of Texas, and has an award winning personal blog, ConversionDiary.com
- Elizabeth Scalia is a Benedictine oblate and managing editor of the Catholic Portal at Patheos.com, where she blogs as the Anchoress. She is also a weekly columnist at First Things, and a featured columnist at The Catholic Answer Magazine. She is the author of Caring for the Dying with the Help of your Catholic Faith (Our Sunday Visitor), and was a contributor to Disorientation: How to Go to College Without Losing Your Mind (Ascension Press).
- Cliff Ravenscraft is founder of the Generally Speaking Production Network (gspn.tv). Podcasting since 2005, Cliff has turned a hobby into his full time business. Among his many shows are Family From The Heart, and Pursuing a Balanced Life.
Also speaking during the conference are the following individuals, each with their own unique perspective and expertise in the use of new media in the Church. Please check the CNMC website often as we expect to include other exciting and talented media experts, bloggers, and Church leaders.
- Bishop Christopher Coyne, Apostolic Administrator of the Archdiocese of Indianapolis. Bishop Coyne is an avid user of new media. He blogs at Let Us Walk Together: Thoughts of a Catholic Bishop (thoughtsofacatholicbishop.blogspot.com), and frequently posts on Twitter and Facebook.
- Fr. Roderick Vonhögen co-founded the Star Quest Production Network (SQPN) with the mission of ‘Leading the Way in Catholic New Media’. He hosts and produces several audio, video and live streaming shows including The Break, Health and Holiness, Catholic Insider, The Secrets of Once Upon A Time, Secrets of the Hobbit, and more. Fr. Roderick is regularly sought by the international press, cable news and entertainment shows for his expertise in Catholic New Media and for his opinions on popular topics. He hosts a television show on Dutch national TV as well as a weekly radio show. Fr. Roderick lives and works in Amersfoort, The Netherlands.
- Brandon Vogt, is a Catholic writer and speaker who blogs at The Thin Veil (http://www.thinveil.net). He’s also the author of The Church and New Media: Blogging Converts, Online Activists, and Bishops Who Tweet.
- Patrick Padley is a Kansas City-based new media creator, digital strategist, podcaster,musician, and online marketing thinker. As a Social Media Consultant at Digital Evolution Group, a digital consultancy in Kansas City, Pat advises clients on their online initiatives and marketing strategy.
Additional speakers will be announced as that information becomes available.
PROGRAM & REGISTRATION
Registration is now open at the CNMC website: http://catholicnewmediaconference.com. More information about our speakers and schedule details are also available.
SQPN, the Star Quest Production Network, is a non-profit Catholic apostolate dedicated to evangelization and formation through new media. SQPN creates engaging multi-media, specializing in audio and video productions (known as podcasts) faithful to the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church. Its mission responds to the Church’s call to use the media for religious information, evangelization and catechesis, and formation and education.