Please see the Diocese of Tulsa’s website for the text of Bishop Slattery’s statement, and to view the accompanying video.
Please visit this link.
– The US Bishops are readying to refuse to comply with ObamaCare laws that mandate paying for services that are a violation their religion. As spiritual fathers, they find it unconstitutional to be forced to pay for something that is immoral, according to their own religion.
– Why don’t the same Bishops come to the defense of natural fathers who have been forced to pay for something that is immoral?
– In no-fault divorce, millions of innocent reliable fathers and husbands have been forced to pay for being immorally removed from their own children’s lives. Fathers are forced to pay state agents, such as guardian ad litems, court psychologists, and court fees. Their wages are garnished to support their children and wife in a separate household in which these fathers are–for no moral reason–forbidden to live.
– I hope the Bishops’ ultimatum is not too little too late. For nearly forty years, the government has been forcing reliable Catholic spouses to pay for something that is immoral. So, why wouldn’t the government expect the same coercion to go unchallenged by the institutional Church?
– Bai Macfarlane
– Director of Mary’s Advocates
– Inviting Catholics to invoke the intervention of the Church against no-fault divorce
Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:
You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. ( Log Out / Change )
You are commenting using your Twitter account. ( Log Out / Change )
You are commenting using your Facebook account. ( Log Out / Change )
You are commenting using your Google+ account. ( Log Out / Change )
Connecting to %s
Notify me of new comments via email.
Notify me of new posts via email.
Do you have news of interest to Catholics of Eastern Oklahoma? Send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org
Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.
Join 202 other followers